Saturday, December 5, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

It's official…I am crazy. I'm not sure if it's that I'm obsessed with using my KitchenAid or that I'm slightly addicted to chocolate. Grant and I searched through the very bare pantry last night tyring to come up with ingredients for some sort of dessert to satisfy my ridiculous sweet tooth. I was even willing to make oatmeal cookies just to have something…that's when you know I'm getting a little desperate!! Here's what we managed to come up with. DELICIOUS!

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients:
- 1 batch of chocolate chip cookie dough (I used the recipe on the Toll House bag, but you could probably use any recipe or substitute 2 packages of the "break 'n bake" or "slice 'n bake" chocolate chip dough to make it more simple/faster)
- 2 8oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Prepare chocolate chip cookie dough, set aside
2. Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time until smooth.
3. Spread half of chocolate chip cookie dough in bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan.
4. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough
5. Use the remaining cookie dough for top layer…see tip below
6. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes

Tip that worked for me:
- it was next to impossible to spread the dough on top of the cream cheese mixture and make it look pretty so I shaped it into a log the length of the pan, put it in between to sheets of wax paper, pressed it into the 9x13 rectangle, let it chill in the fridge for a few minutes, then peeled it off the wax paper and plopped it on top of the cream cheese

What was left of the pan after about 2 hours :)

1 comment:

  1. You make me hungry every time I see these posts. Did you come up with this recipe yourself?

    ReplyDelete