Grandparents are such pillars in their grandchildren's lives. Some of my fondest memories of my childhood stem from the time I spent, and still spend, with them. Here's a few reasons why:
- I know how to make whipped cream the FRESH way, compliments of Gran, the cold bowl is the key!
- every time my car gets ready to turn over another thousand miles I think of Gran after her and I went in circles around her driveway for a good half hour trying to get her awesome station wagon to turn over to 100,000 when I was younger...why didn't we just go on the road, I wonder??
- I feel proud to have my very own Kitchen Aid mixer, because I've had my eye on her's for years :)
- I've enjoyed entertaining/cooking for others more and more when I saw how happy it made her for years and years during our family gatherings. She ALWAYS went out of her way to make everyone happy!!
Oh, I really could go on and on. Bottom line, my Gran is an amazing woman who has given me BIG shoes to fill when I get to be grandmother some day! I know how much our parents love the time they share with Grant and Lilly and it makes me look forward to those years that Tim and I can do the same with their children...not that I want to get that old yet :) Love you Gran!



No comments:
Post a Comment