Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Deeper Dimension

If you're a parent, you know scoring a night out with your hubby/wife is major accomplishment sometimes. Thanks to my mom and dad, who were in town for Lilly's birthday, Tim and I got to escape for a date to his cousin Robyn's wedding. It was truly a moving ceremony and I was so happy to be a part of their day. An amazing couple! (I wish you could see how cute they were...I forgot to get a picture of them...duh!!!)

So, more about the part that comes after the wedding: marriage. I think I often take for granted the gift of marriage. A gift straight from our Creator, not an institution created by man. Most people find someone who they fall in love with, do the engagement thing, wedding thing, kid thing, blah, blah, blah. But, do we really take the time to be grateful for our marriages, honor our commitment to one another, and really live our vows? Oh, AND keep God at the center of it, too?

As married couples, we have such a challenge to do those things. Thanks to being at Robyn and Daniel's wedding, I was reminded of the beauty in God's design for marriage: to create a place where we can grow more deeply in love, live beside someone who cares for us, and have the gift of children. Even more than that though, is the deeper dimension that I long for and what I think God wants us to discover: the way that marriage helps us lead other people to the Lord.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15. Words to live by....


1 comment: