Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No Turning Back!

It's done...he's really, really officially a preschooler now. Ugh...Monday was so hard (today was almost as hard!). I spent most of the morning moping around the house, crying about nothing, and fighting the butterflies. Grant was psyched...thank goodness, because that made it a smidge easier on me. He was ready to suit up with his backpack, ready to head to the car, but not so ready for his necessary first-day-of-school picture. We talked a lot about what he'd be doing that day and how excited and proud I was of him on the car ride. I managed to stay tear free until I pulled into the school. A mess...I was just a mess! At least I have another 15 years to prepare for seeing him off to college...I might need to be sedated when that time comes :)

He seemed to really like it and we got a great report from his teacher yesterday and today. He didn't cry at all and jumped right out of the car when his teacher opened the door to get him. Such a big boy. It was just priceless to see him holding her hand walking toward the school - well, at least what I could see of it through my giant tears! These are the moments I know I'll never forget.

"Mom, what on earth are you crying about??"

1 comment: