Monday, December 3, 2012

Dining Room Makeover

I no longer have a dining room. Goodbye. Adios! It was easy to breakup with the drab, cookie cutter, completely disfunctional, who-needs-a-dining-room-anyway room. Non-traditional, I know. But seriously...the table required dusting once a week or else my kids starting drawing it it. It collected stuff that didn't have a home. It was BORING. I was over it.

Plus, my hands were looking for ways to get dirty and my brain had a vision. Pinterest boards inspired me and I was off. The lumber yard probably thought I was crazy after the four trips I made there...my math may have been a little off! I'm happy to say that I am beyond happy with how it turned out. I used a nail gun for the first time, bought my first nail punch, caulked what seemed like miles of moulding, and had a blast making this room come to life. I officially have the DIY bug!

The curtains were so much fun and crazy easy. $25 IKEA plain curtains (for the pair!!) and a stencil from Royal Design Studios was all it took. I. LOVE. THEM.

The wall gallery were all things we had other than 6 frames from IKEA (also very cheap). I framed my favorite art from the kiddos, hung tickets from the Colts game where Tim and I met and our first date to a Pacers game, a page from one of my childhood books, Tim's Masters of the Universe Book, and some other odds and ends. It's special...it's us.

Rather than gathering in these 150 square feet twice a year for 30 minutes at a time, we're going to snuggle our babies on the comfy, apple-green chaise, and spend weekend mornings in our jammies together.

What do you think??

BEFORE
 
AFTER!!!!


He does the part I can't stand!

Caulking and I were friends for a long, long time in this room




3 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job! Now can you come to my house and help me redecorate? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! You did an amazing job and I really like the idea of framing one of your old greek shirts! I see the Delta Chi, but where is the Kappa Delta shirt?!

    ReplyDelete