Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm That Mom

Have you ever been driving down the street and there passing you is a mom with a mini-van with stickers ALL OVER every inch of window the kids can reach from their car seat? Or maybe following a dusty, dirty SUV with hand prints and "wash me" scribbled on the tailgate? Yeah, I'm that mom, too. My car is abused! With chalk.

I hadn't realized how covered my car really was until I stopped at Panera yesterday to do work and came out to leave. I laughed and immediately went to grab my camera. The people sitting outside probably wondered why I had a childish grin on my face as I was standing there taking pictures of the mess that was my car in the middle of a parking lot.

But, like my last post, it was another moment that made me stop in my tracks and praise God for the gifts of Grant and Lilly. It literally makes me cry to think how blessed I am to have two little lives that I can love without reserve. With two very young children not every day is easy, not every moment is perfect, not every moment is chaos-free, but when the chalk-all-over-my-car moments happen I am grateful. Grateful for my children, but especially that God has given us SO MUCH in life to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment