Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Next Project

My dear friend, Jenn, is expecting her first child (YAY!!!) in July and I have the pleasure of making favors for her huge shower in May. She chose a Dr. Seuss theme, which I think is so fun and adorable, so naturally I had to step in with some buttery, sugary, iced-to-the-nines goodness. I found the idea from an amazing baking blog: Whimsy Cookie Co. Aren't they cute!?

I discovered the edible pen/marker to do some detail work with and I'm off and running! It looks perfect to replicate the sketch type of artwork in the books. Now, the only thing left to do is figure out how I'm going to get 90 individually wrapped cookie favors made in 2 or 3 days and carefully transported to Ohio at 37 weeks pregnant!

Don't worry Jenn...you know if anyone can do it, this never-sleeps, over-scheduled, can totally- run-on-empty-momma will find a way. And be happy the entire time! We're celebrating a sweet, new miracle named Bellamy, after all!

A happy Thing 1 and Thing 2!

Can't wait to do more fish in blue, yellow, and red!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Beth!! Those look fantastic!!! You are so talented and Bellamy and I cannot wait to enjoy the cookies in 8 weeks!!

    Thanks again soon to be mama of three!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete