Saturday was our second round of "arts and crafts" time at Wheeler's Women and Children's Center and oh, it was a blast!! Lindsay and I decided to do a couple different activities, one of which was cupcake decorating. I figured it be especially fun for the kids and they seemed to LOVE it! I baked 7 dozen cupcakes and used about 8 pounds of powdered sugar for buttercream icing...the kitchen was a mess! About 5 of those dozen were decorated and eaten within 45 minutes :)
Can't wait for the next time to serve there! We're thinking about attempting to teach the women the art of cookie decorating, especially since the kids are a very willing taste test audience!!
Life as a working mama with three precious children and an amazing husband keeps me on my toes and on the go!! Days are filled with sweet baby giggles, hugs, too many diapers, and lots of toddler sized bumps and bruises. The Lord is my rock and I'm excited to be growing in my faith with my husband by my side! And now for the next chapter - becoming a surrogate mother!
No comments:
Post a Comment