Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Can't Live Without...

Life with a newborn is crazy. Life with a newborn plus two toddlers is insane. Well, maybe insane is a little harsh...let's call it controlled chaos. Yeah, that sounds like I have it together, right??

Anyway, there are a few tools in my arsenal of keep-the-kids-under-control-at-all-costs that I couldn't be without. The list is rather long and might be rather strange to those without children. What I'm really digging right now are three things...specifically for Sammy-soothing purposes:

1. Exercise ball - this thing has seriously saved me on the crankiest of cranky nights. It works like a charm. You sit with Sam in your arms and it's like you flip a switch to spa-like relaxation for a mad baby.

2. Swaddle contraption - no more crazy arms hitting my poor child in the face while trying to stay asleep! We've actually hit one 4 hour stretch of sleep since using it. This, my friends, is an accomplishment - my boys do NOT like to sleep! I will say that it is slightly challenging to find a swaddle thingy that's big enough for my chubby (and long!) son, but $11 at Babies R Us scored me the last one on the shelf!

3. WubbaNub - thanks to my awesome friend Liz (the one who put me into labor!!) Sam is now a pacifier child and I'm all about it. I'm not a paci-nazi while breastfeeding. I'm a do-whatever-works momma at this stage of the game! These are so cute, they come in almost every animal, and totally eliminates the constant paci hunt...too hard to misplace these things!

What are your stay-sane tools??



No comments:

Post a Comment