Saturday, January 1, 2011

East Coast Road Trip

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas celebrating the birth of our saviour!! We had the privilege of spending the holidays with my family in Baltimore this year, but that meant a loooong road trip. For being strapped in a car for over a 9 hour drive, the kids did great, but it wasn't without a few moments of crazy wanting-to-put-my-head-through-the-windshield stress (but, I probably wouldn't have been able to do that anyway being sandwiched between two big Britax car seats with no room to wiggle...ha ha!). Anyway, it was so worth it...

I'm learning that Christmas is becoming all about my kids. Grant and Lilly both finally seemed to appreciate the whole gift opening idea and tore into their presents. So fun to watch! They seemed to really enjoy being with their Nana and Papa and became even more attached to them while we were in MD. We had a lot of family that had never met Lilly so that was fun to show off my little girl!

It's good to be home, but it sure does make me miss my extended family. They are precious to me and I hate that I only see them once, maybe twice, a year. Good thing for weddings so I can head back every now and then! I'll get to take a trip in September with the new baby for my cousin's wedding...hurry up September!

Four generations!


A stroller? Just for me??

No comments:

Post a Comment