Everyone's talking about New Year's Resolutions...well, I pretty much gave up on those. I mean, who really keeps them? Maybe 1% of us? According to something our pastor saw it's actually 8%...still pretty crappy. And they're always the same! Lose weight, eat better, drink more water (which has been on Tim's list for years it seems - love you honey!), spend more time doing this or doing that, etc. Not that it can't work, but they've never for stuck for me as long as I call them "resolutions."So, what does work for my semi-type A personality is "goals." And making a point to write them down. Some of them seem a little trivial, but if it doesn't get put down, it's unlikely it'll happen. I'm a list kinda gal! In 2010, it finally clicked for me. I wrote my goals down (on Grant and Lilly's Magna Doodle!), took a picture of them on my phone so I could check in on them all year, and then sent them to Tim. I needed someone to hold me to the list! I met most of them and have improved on the others. So exciting to see the progress! So, here's the old and new list for all the world to see in hopes that it'd encourage you too...
2010:
1. Build our savings: down payment here we come...thanks to the Dave Ramsey plan :)
2. Grow out my hair: pre-natals are helping that one
3. Get pregnant: WOOHOO!!!
4. SERVE: please pray that the ministry opportunity I applied for finally comes through in 2011 if it's God's will, it's been since August when I applied and I'm a little discouraged
5. Read the bible more: getting there, but finally have a good plan in place to make it happen in 2011
6. Work out at least 3 times/week: YES!!
2. Grow out my hair: pre-natals are helping that one
3. Get pregnant: WOOHOO!!!
4. SERVE: please pray that the ministry opportunity I applied for finally comes through in 2011 if it's God's will, it's been since August when I applied and I'm a little discouraged
5. Read the bible more: getting there, but finally have a good plan in place to make it happen in 2011
6. Work out at least 3 times/week: YES!!
2011:
1. Save, save, save!
2. Serve in a regular ministry and pray for other doors to open
3. Work out at least 4 times/week
4. Develop a stronger spiritual discipline in my life
5. Keep balance in family life and work
6. Find ways to live selflessly and sacrificially
2. Serve in a regular ministry and pray for other doors to open
3. Work out at least 4 times/week
4. Develop a stronger spiritual discipline in my life
5. Keep balance in family life and work
6. Find ways to live selflessly and sacrificially
We all have things we want to work on and change in our lives. The key for me was keeping them handy, on my phone, and constantly checking my progress. And now with my handy-dandy blog, and a new phone pic, you all get to keep me accountable this year! Good luck with your resolutions and goals!



No comments:
Post a Comment