Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our New Routine

Before I had kids, I used to think that just getting myself out the door on-time in the morning with matching socks, the dog fed, and my purse in hand was a chore! I might have slightly underestimated how easy that really was...

Getting out the door has become quite the event in the Kegley house the last two weeks. We've had lots of changes in our schedules and it's been crazy. I'm totally in awe of how working moms do this day after day and stay sane because after a week of them, I'm SPENT!

Timmy's time as a part-time stay-at-home dad has ended :( We have been SO blessed with the opportunity for him to stay with the kids 3 days a week since he's been back in school full time. It's been over two years!! Priceless, priceless time with our babies. He is truly an amazing father for making the sacrifices he did, but we're excited to see him move onto the next chapter in his life too. He started student teaching last Monday and now leaves the house everyday at 6:30am, which is pretty much what the real world does anyway, right? I guess I've just been spoiled for so long!

We also started potty training Grant, which is worthy of a few more posts in itself. That has changed LOTS of dynamics in this house! But wait, there's more...Lilly started going to a childcare ministry at a church around the corner every Monday and Wednesday. It's quite a juggling act getting it all organized, but it seems to be working for us. We're still SO blessed to have Tim's parents helping us out in tremendous ways with our children so that makes most of the days a little easier.

So, my list of things to get out the door with has slightly multiplied. Some days I seriously think it's a miracle if I remember to put on a bra and brush my teeth. Okay, that might be exaggerating a little, but not really :)

Check out my new, sparkly shoes!! They match my PJ's too!

Very happy to see her daddy :)

Loving my bedtime snack...ice cream sandwiches! Still good in January!

Grant and his choo-choo. GeoTrax is taking over the kitchen table!

No comments:

Post a Comment